Guidelines for a Poster Session Presentation
The Poster Session provides an opportunity for the presenter to engage in discussion with small groups of interested viewers. Be prepared to answer specific questions and to address details of your work. Software or hardware demonstrations are welcomed and encouraged (see below for further information).
Poster Space: A 1.8m wide x 1.2m tall (6 x 4 ft) board is assigned to each Poster Session paper. Pushpins will be provided to attach your material onto the poster boards.
Here are some guidelines to guide you in the preparation of your paper. While we hope that authors will embrace these guidelines, we also encourage everyone to make the best use of the available space as they see fit.
- The title of your paper should appear in block letters which are 2.5 to 5 cm high (1-2 in, 110-220 point). The remaining text should be at least 1 to 2 cm high (0.4-0.8 in, 44-88 pt) to be easily legible to viewers who may stand as far as 2 meters (6½ ft) away. Each graph or chart should be at least 28 x 21 cm (11 x 8.5 in) with text that is also readable from 2 meters (6½ ft) away.
- Plan on having an Introduction/Outline and a Summary/Conclusion clearly shown on your board. Catch the attention of the attendee with bullet lists, charts, figures, tables, equations, and photographs as applicable to highlight the important technical content of your paper.
- The use of color graphics, and headline style phrases in bullet charts will help the audience to quickly see the theme and your intended message.
- It is a good idea to sequentially number your posted material, or use arrows to indicate the flow of material. This will indicate to the viewer a logical progression through your presentation.
- Strictly follow the Poster Session schedule so that you can meet the Session Chairperson, find your assigned location and arrange your materials on the poster board. Authors must be available for discussion during the entire session. The set up time starts one hour before the presentations. The authors must remove the material promptly at the conclusion of the session.
- It is very helpful to have paper copies of your written submission to the Symposium Digest available for visitors to take with them. Presenters often provide their business cards and solicit the cards of their visitors so they may correspond in the future.
Additional requests: Additional items required for your presentation (such as AC power) may also be made available at your board. These requests will be addressed on an individual basis. Email your request to Poster Session Chair by 15 November 2017.
Special Needs: If you have special needs, let us know what your requirements are and we will look into the feasibility of providing these. Email your Special Need request to the Poster Session Chair by 15 November 2017.
For further information, contact the Technical Program Chair at the email address provided below.
We are looking forward to your contribution for a successful Poster Session!
Technical Program Chair,